Tuesday, January 13, 2009

'Nuff, said.

I wasn't the only one who missed the Obama comic. (Which by the way, I would've qualified for by ordering just one more comic. But I do all my ordering in the advance solicitations, and almost never in the Final Order Date forms, so didn't even know about. It was Christmas, and Marvel mailers are useless. Like getting e-mails all in capital letters, and the boy who cried wolf, and excuse after excuse.)

Ultimately, it was my responsibility and I could've done it if I was paying more attention.

Anyway, I wasn't the only one. On my retailer bulletin board (generally, the biggest, smartest, most in-touch retailers in the country), they were asked:

Will you be receiving the Obama ASM #583 first printing?

Yes
51 votes (53%)
No
46 votes (47%)

'Nuff said. The Curse of Stan Lee, who never met a Marvel comic he didn't like and made me deaf to Marvel's promotions....

But I did get 20 more copies of WATCHMEN. Thank you D.C., for having hot stuff in stock and available. What a notion....

No comments: