Monday, August 4, 2008

X-Files: I want to Believe...you'll go see it.


Linda and I went to see the X-Files movie. We have always been huge fans, and for a number of years it was our 'event' T.V. show, where we'd have friends over for pizza and oh and ah over the brilliance of the show.

I thought this movie was great. It reminded me how much I liked those two characters of Skulldar and Moldy. The actors have become, if anything, more attractive and charismatic. (Especially Gillian Anderson...oh, la la.)

I liked how they did a more 'monster of the week' kind of storyline, because the conspiracy stuff got old even for me.

My Mom once got dragged the Star Trek 4 (the one with the whales.) Now Mom never knowingly read a science fiction or fantasy novel (except mine, of course.) She always wondered what happened to her number 2 son, who seemed to have been carried off by fairies.

But she came back from S. T. 4 with the comment: "That was very enjoyable. It was like visiting old friends."

That's the way the X-Files felt to me. Old friends. Sad if it's a flop, and they never get a chance to make another. Get off your butts, people!


P.S. I haven't read the above comic because I wasn't sure if it was the movie, and I didn't want to spoil it. I'll do a post-script as soon as I find out today.

No comments: